Just about everybody wants to shed body fat. We try to work out hard in the gym so we can burn fat and get trim, and we make some progress doing this. But most of us just aren’t totally satisfied with the results. The typical person who is dieting and exercising struggles with losing that last 5-10 pounds of fat. Maybe you can relate. No matter how hard you work out, you just can’t seem to burn that last unwanted bit of fat.
Maybe that’s because you’re going about it the wrong way. Look, everyone knows that exercising is a great way to burn body fat. But what many people don’t know is that the foods you eat can play a big role in your body’s effectiveness at burning fat. More specifically, there are certain foods that can actually help your body burn fat more efficiently.
Some of the best foods for promoting fat burning include:
• Peanut butter—Peanut butter offers a range of health benefits. It contains healthy fats and protein, and it can help you build muscle and burn fat. Your best option is to get natural peanut butter that doesn’t have added sugar or trans fats.
• Green tea—You have to drink something with all these fat-burning foods, right? Why not enjoy some green tea? The polyphenols in green tea help fire up the body’s thermogenic fat-burning activity so you can shed pounds more easily.
• Chili peppers—The capsaicin in chili peppers help promote fat burning. Capsaicin is the ingredient that makes chili peppers hot and spicy. So, if you like spicy food, you’re in luck!
• Whole grains—Did you know that your body burns 2x as many calories digesting whole grains than processed foods? It’s true. Your best bet is to choose whole grains that are fiber-rich, such as brown rice. In small doses, whole grains will help to keep your body from storing fat.
• Chicken (and other lean meats)—When you consume protein, you actually end up burning about 30% of the calories in the food while your body digests it. That’s because the protein fires up fat burning in your body. Chicken is a great source of protein because it’s nice and lean. Chicken and other lean meats, such as turkey, should be staples in your fat blasting diet.
Are you eating foods that help you burn fat? Are there any good foods we left off this list? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment!